Dr. Milbank grew up about 20 miles outside of New York City. He attended Harvard University where he studied Greek and Latin Classics. He then performed basic science research in Boston, Massachusetts for several years before attending medical school at Cornell University in NYC. After graduating from medical school, he completed a six year residency in Urology and Urologic Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, OH. It was during his residency that Dr. Milbank became interested in male infertility issues and microsurgery.
Following his residency, Dr. Milbank completed a formal fellowship in Male Infertility and Microsurgery at the Cleveland Clinic. During this time, he dedicated himself to learning and perfecting the management of male infertility at one of the most renowned centers for male infertility in the world. This specialized training included the complete evaluation of the infertile male and the medical and surgical management of male infertility.
After completing his fellowship in 2005, Dr. Milbank joined Minnesota Urology where he has established his practice of male infertility.
Dr Milbank has published numerous articles and given presentations at national meetings on various aspects of urology and male infertility. He has co-authored several book chapters on urologic subjects. He has received several awards for his academic accomplishments and patient care (see CV). He is involved in clinical research and is an active member of the AMA, AUA, ASRM, SMRU, ASA and SSMR.
- General Urology
- Intern, Department of General Surgery of Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Resident, The Glickman Urological Institute of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
- Cornell University Medical College, New York, NY
- Degree: MD, 1998
- Greek Summer Institute, New York, NY
- Latin Summer Institute, New York, NY
- Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- Degree: AB (Classics), cum laud, 1988
- American Board of Urology
- American Urological Association
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for the Study of Male Reproduction
- American Society of Andrology
- Society for Male Reproduction and Urology