Sarah Simpson has worked in the health care industry since 1996. Upon completion of her Masters Degree, she completed an internship in Biofeedback therapy. During this internship she saw a variety of patients and symptoms (anxiety, depression, chronic pain, incontinence). Sarah spent time working with a mentor, and another two years completing certification coursework. Sarah is also a Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist.
Sarah’s clinical practice focuses on collaborative care with the patient. She believes her role is to act as a guide and coach in helping the patient learn about their body and mind. The patient’s increased awareness and commitment to practice leads not only to symptom improvement but generalization into everyday life. She has a special passion for couples with intimacy and relationship issues, patients with cancer or chronic health and aging concerns.
Sarah begins every course of therapy with a patient consult. The patient sits down face-to-face with her to receive education and discuss program goals, expectations, and what the patient hopes to achieve from therapy. Sarah works with children, women and men, who are experiencing incontinence, sexual concerns, relationship issues, and a variety of voiding dysfunction complaints. In addition she also helps with Interstim programming, post-ops and education.
- Saint Mary’s University of MN – Graduate Certificate: Marriage and Family Therapy
- Biofeedback Certification International Alliance: Board Certified Biofeedback
- Saint Mary’s University of MN – Master of Arts: Counseling & Psychological Services
- University of MN/Duluth-Bachelor of Arts: Communications and Psychology
Certified Biofeedback Therapist
State of MN – MN Board of Marriage and Family Therapy: Licensed Associate Marriage and Family Therapist
- SUNA: Society of Urologic Nurses and Associates, Member
- AAMFT: American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy
- MAMFT: MN Association for Marriage & Family Therapy