Dr. Brandt is a board-certified urologist with specialty interests in urologic cancers (prostate, kidney, bladder, testicle), da Vinci robotic surgery for treatment of cancerous and benign conditions, kidney stone treatment, the enlarged prostate, and voiding dysfunction as well as issues of men’s health including vasectomy, prostate cancer screening, incontinence as a result of prostate cancer surgery and correction of erectile dysfunction with penile implantation.
Dr. Brandt is a member of the Minnesota Urology da Vinci surgical team. Dr. Brandt has extensive experience performing robotic surgery for prostate cancer and also helped expand the role of robotic surgery for treatment of kidney and bladder cancer. Da Vinci robotic surgery is also used for the treatment of non-cancerous conditions such as uretero-pelvic junction obstruction of the kidney, removal of a bladder diverticulum, and treatment for the enlarged prostate.
Dr. Brandt began practicing at Minnesota Urology after completing his residency in 2000.
“It’s a real honor to be able to practice medicine,” Dr. Brandt says, “I am reminded every day when I put on my white coat.”
- Urologic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Kidney Cancer
- Testicle Cancer
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery for Cancerous Conditions
- Radical Prostatectomy
- Radical and Partial Nephrectomy
- Radical Cystectomy
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery for Benign conditions
- Obstruction of the Uretero-Pelvic Junction
- Bladder Conditions such as Bladder Diverticulum
- Treatment of Enlarged Prostate
- Treatment and Prevention of Kidney Stones
- Penile Implantation for Correction of Erectile Dysfunction
- Artificial Urinary Sphincter Placement for Incontinence
University of Iowa; Iowa City, IA
Vanderbilt University; Nashville, TN
Amherst College; Amherst, MA
American Board of Urology